You must register at the Shepherd School office prior to university registration. (Associate Dean's signature is required.) Private lessons are taught by graduate students. An applied music fee of $400 per semester will be billed to your ESTHER account for these lessons. Voice lessons are taught by a faculty member and are charged at a higher rate.
2. *APPLIED STUDIES IN JAZZ IMPROVISATION (MUSI 345), 2 credits
You must register at the Shepherd School office prior to university registration. (Associate Dean's signature is required.) An applied music fee of $400 per semester will be charged for these lessons.
3. RICE CHORALE (MUSI 335), 1 credit
Rice Chorale is a choral ensemble of moderate size, which performs a minimum of once a semester and is conducted by Thomas Jaber. The Chorale meets MW from 4:00-5:30 pm. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org or call 713-348-2336 for more information.
4. CAMPANILE ORCHESTRA (MUSI 334), 1 credit
The Campanile Orchestra is a symphony orchestra made up of talented non-music majors and members of the greater Rice community who wish to continue their orchestral activities. The group plays works from the standard literature and meets on Saturday from 10:00 am-1:00 pm. The orchestra performs three concerts per academic year. Email email@example.com for more information.
5. FUNDAMENTALS OF MUSIC (MUSI 117), 3 credits, section 1 meets MWF 9:00-9:50 am or section 2 meets MWF 11:00-11:50 am or section 3 meets MWF 10:00-10:50 am or section 4 meets MWF 2:00-2:50 pm.
6. UNITY AND VARIETY IN MUSIC (MUSI 240), 3 credits, meets TR 9:25-10:40 am.
7. EXPERIMENTAL SOUND AND VIDEO (MUSI 316), 3 credits, meets M 2:00-4:30 pm.
8. THEORY FOR NON-MAJORS I (MUSI 317), 3 credits, section 1 meets MWF 10:00-10:50 am.
*Must register BY the first week of classes. First Come, First Served*