Recent Orchestral, Academic and Professional Appointments
- Marie-Andre Chevrette (MM ’98) – Associate Principal Second Violin, Montreal Symphony Orchestra
- David Connor (MM ’13) – Assistant Principal Bass tenure, Houston Ballet Orchestra
- Gina Ford (MM ’15) – Principal Oboe,The Dallas Opera Orchestra
- Chloe Yeseul Gam (current graduate student) – Assistant Concertmaster, Houston Grand Opera Orchestra
- Ian Hallas (BM ’13) – Principal Double Bass, Lyric Opera of Chicago
- Keith Hammer (current graduate student) – Section Percussion, Orchestra Iowa
- Sydney Hancock (current undergraduate student) – Assistant Principal / Second Oboe, San Antonio Symphony
- Mayu Isom (MM ’18) – Second Oboe / English Horn, Houston Grand Opera Orchestra
- June Kim (MM ’16) – Oboe, Edmonton Symphony Orchestra
- Andrew Laven (MM ’19) – Assistant Principal Cello, Grand Rapids Symphony
- Dr. Haerim (Elizabeth) Lee (MM ’12) – one-year position as Lecturer in Violin, Texas Christian University School of Music
- Jarita Ng (MM ’15) – Assistant Principal Viola, Orchestre de la Suisse Romande
- Timothy MacDuff (MM ’16) – Viola Section, Arkansas Symphony Orchestra
- Cristian Macelaru (MM ’06, MM ’08) – music director, Orchestre National de France
- Tamás Markovics (MM ’16) – Bass Trombone, Winnipeg Symphony Orchestra
- Michael Marks (MM ’18) – Double Bass Section, National Symphony Orchestra
- Abraham Martin (current graduate student) – Viola Section, San Diego Symphony
- Virginia McDowell (current graduate student) – One-year Acting Principal Oboe, Louisiana Philharmonic Orchestra
- Mary Thornton (BM ’91) – Professor of Trumpet and Music Theory, Texas A&M University-Corpus Christi. Elected to the Board of Directors of the International Trumpet Guild.
- Ben St. Pierre (BM ‘19) – Tuba position, United States Marine Band
- Daniel Saenz (MM ’00) – Associate Professor of Cello, Sam Houston State University; Cellist and Director of Education for APERIO, Music of the Americas; Founder and Executive Director Texas All-State Strings Camp.
- Rosie Salvucci (BM ’14) – Principal Double Bass, Neue Philharmonie
- Titus Underwood (former graduate student) – Principal Oboe, Nashville Symphony
- Dorothy VanDine (BM ’15) – Institutional Relations Coordinator, The Metropolitan Opera Assistant Organist, St. Vincent Ferrer Church, NYC
- Dr. Kirsten Yon (DMA ’08) – Concertmaster, Shreveport Symphony Orchestra
Competitions, Awards, Performances and Premieres
Current graduate student Andrew Dunlap performs Mozart’s Violin Concerto No. 5 with the Manitowoc Symphony Orchestra
Fredrick Ballentine (MM ’13) performed the leading role of Sportin’ Life in the Metropolitan Opera’s new production of “Porgy and Bess”.
Mi Ou Lee (current doctoral candidate) performed Beethoven Piano Concerto No. 5with the Grand Junction Symphony Orchestra at Avalon Theatre.
Meghan Kasanders (MM ’16) is a new member of the Columbia Artists roster. She recently made her Carnegie Hall debut singing in Bernstein’s “Songfest.”
Second violinist Jennifer Leshnower (BM ’89) in the Cassatt String Quartet presented “Cassatt in the Basin!” residency to Basin-area students.
Rolston String Quartet (MM ’17) performed at the West Vancouver United Church.