*PRIVATE LESSONS (MUSI 141-197), 2 credits in:
You must register at the Shepherd School office prior to submitting a university special registration form. (Associate Dean's signature is required.) Private lessons are taught by graduate students. An applied music fee of $500 per semester will be billed to your ESTHER account for these lessons. Voice lessons are taught by a faculty member and are charged at a higher rate.
2. *APPLIED STUDIES IN JAZZ IMPROVISATION (MUSI 345), 2 credits
You must register at the Shepherd School office prior to submitting a university special registration form. (Associate Dean's signature is required.) An applied music fee of $500 per semester will be charged for private lessons.
3. RICE CHORALE (MUSI 335), 1 credit
Rice Chorale is a choral ensemble of moderate size, which performs a minimum of once a semester and is conducted by Thomas Jaber. The Chorale meets MW from 4:00-5:30 pm. Email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 713-348-2336 for more information.
4. CAMPANILE ORCHESTRA (MUSI 334), 1 credit
The Campanile Orchestra is a symphony orchestra made up of talented non-music majors and members of the greater Rice community who wish to continue their orchestral activities. The group plays works from the standard literature and meets on Saturday from 10:00 am-1:00 pm. The orchestra performs two concerts per academic year. Please email email@example.com for more information.
5. FUNDAMENTALS OF MUSIC (MUSI 117), 3 credits, section 1 meets TTH 1:00-2:15 pm, section 2 meets MWF 1:00-1:50 pm, section 3 meets MWF 9:00-9:50 am, and section 4 meets TTH 4:00-5:15 pm.
6. MUSIC IN VIDEO GAMES (MUSI 125), 3 credits, meets MWF 10:00-10:50 am.
7. COMPOSITION FOR NON-MAJORS (MUSI 307), 3 credits, TTH 1:00-2:15 pm.
8. THEORY FOR NON-MAJORS I (MUSI 317), 3 credits, section 1 meets MWF 2:00-2:50 pm, section 2 meets MWF 10:00-10:50 am, section 3 meets TTH 2:30 3:45 pm or section 4 meets MWF 9:00-9:50 am.
*Must register by the first week of classes.
First Come, First Served. Limited Enrollment.
Special Registration will open on Monday, August 24, 8:00 am.*