Unconventional students at Rice: Emily Treigle Sheets learns the family craft at Rice
Shepherd School students Justin DeFilippis and Angela Jiye Bae, violins; Ben Zannoni, viola; and Russell Houston, cello, also known as the Balourdet String Quartet perform Beethoven Op. 18 No. 1, first movement.
Bianca Chambul - Principal Bassoon of the Edmonton Symphony Orchestra
Leslie Ashworth performs "Spring Together"; a Suite Melody Care COVID Virtual Performance
Leslie Ashworth's Suite Melody Care Virtual Performance of "Expressing our Love"
David Danjul, senior piano major, performing Scriabin's "Sonata No. 2" which would have been on his senior recital.
Current Shepherd School students Arin Sarkissian, flute; Stefani Feldman, clarinet; and Shepherd School Artist Collaborator Kyung-A Yoo, piano, playing "Tarantella, Op. 6" by Saint-Saens
Shepherd School trombone students put together a virtual performance of "Song for Health" by Steven Verhelst. This piece was written in response to the outbreak of the COVID-19 pandemic and meant to be recorded by musicians as a signal of solidarity.
- Shepherd School viola students organized an arrangement of orchestral excerpts by Nicholas Lindell from this year's Orchestra Repertoire Class led by Joan DerHovsepian.
- Tanner Jackson, trombone performing "Someone to Watch Over Me" by George & Ira Gershwin
- Soprano Emily Helenbrook and pianist Ksenia Leletkina, Associate Principal Coach at the Palm Beach Opera, performing Schubert’s “An die Musik.”
- Viola studio of Ivo-Jan van der Werff performing "Viola Fight Song" by Michael Kimber
- Andrew Keller MM '18; Peter Hatch BM'19; Michael Marks MM '18; Kathryn Bradley MM '18; Andrew Pedersen MM '17 perform an instrumental version "All By Myself" by Eric Carmen
- Coleman Itzkoff BM '14 performing "Cello Suite No. 3 in C Major, BWV1009" III. Courante
- Ally Smither MM '16 and Austin Lewellen MM '19
- Some Strauss for this mid-quarantine afternoon; Michael Marks, Kathryn Bradley, Andrew Keller, Nils Aardahl Peter Hatch, Andrew Pedersen
- Emily Treigle Sheets and her mom singing “Evening Prayer” from Hansel und Gretel by Humperdinck
- Yvonne Smith (BM '13, MM '15) played Johann Sebastian Bach's first and third cello suites (on viola) outside as neighbors passed by or stopped to listen.