Monday, May 17 - Sunday, May 23
7:00 pm CDT
The Shepherd School of Music will feature seven nights of virtual chamber music performances presented by Shepherd School students. These performances will be streamed on the Shepherd School's website beginning at 7:00 pm CDT.
"The Spring 2021 Chamber Music Festival features a wide array of music that covers 4 centuries, the oldest work from the 1720s and the most recent only weeks old. The repertoire in this string and piano grouping is a mixture of prominent masterworks (such as late Beethoven string quartets, Brahms piano quartets, Dvorak Dumky Trio and more) plus some fabulous works by composers we rarely hear (such as Genzmer, Ligeti, Taneyev and Clara Schumann). Naturally, the concerts celebrate many things; foremost is the joy of making live music in these fraught times. At the ground level on a daily basis, the groups have been learning this repertoire wearing masks and sitting more than 6 feet apart, which makes the process even more challenging. The spirit is high amongst our talented students and they are embracing the adventure, discovering the inner workings of the music. I encourage you to join us in these explorations, and hear the moment of culmination in performance in the acoustical marvel that is the Lucian and Nancy Morrison Theater! - Norman Fischer, Director of Chamber Music
- Performances will be viewed on the Shepherd School's website.
- All performances are free. No subscription is needed.
- Performances will remain on the school's website for viewers to watch again.
How to watch
- Sign up to receive our weekly emails and communications from the Shepherd School.
- Visit this webpage at 7:00 p.m. from May 17 - May 23 to watch the performance videos.