Prospective graduate students wishing to audition should contact David Kirk personally before starting their application.
Online Preliminary Submissions by December 1, 2022 by 11:59 PM (EST)
REQUIRED PRELIMINARY REPERTOIRE IS BY VIDEO SUBMISSION
- A technical étude
- A vocalise
- A three-octave chromatic scale
- Two contrasting orchestral excerpts
Multiple uploaded files of your preliminary requirements are acceptable. If you have not heard from us by January 6, 2023, please email us.
Required graduate audition repertoire
- Major and minor scales in two octaves, and a chromatic scale in three octaves. Scales are to be performed from memory.
- A solo piece or concerto movement of your choice
- Two contrasting (lyrical/technical) études
- Standard orchestral excerpts
If preferred, solo works may be performed on Bass Tuba, but graduate applicants should perform the majority of their audition on Contrabass Tuba.
Audition date will be January 28, 2023.