Online Preliminary Submission by December 1, 2022 by 11:59 PM (EST)
The submission must be played in a continuous unedited segment; any indication that there has been editing or that recording equipment was paused/stopped between selections will result in the disqualification of the application. All pieces should be played unaccompanied. If you have not heard from us by January 6, 2023, please email us.
Required preliminary round repertoire is by video submission
- Mozart Clarinet Concerto, First movement, Exposition only (beginning of Solo until bar 133)
- Copland Concerto, from the beginning to end of the cadenza
- Mendelssohn Scherzo from A Midsummer Night’s Dream (measures 1 – 48)
- Beethoven Symphony No. 6, First movement (measures 474-492) and Second movement (measures 68-78)
- Brahms Symphony No. 3, First Movement (bars 23-47), Second movement (beginning for 22 bars)
Required graduate audition repertoire
- The entire Mozart Clarinet Concerto, K. 622
- Choose and prepare one of the following: Joan Tower Wings or Debussy, Premiere Rhapsodie
- Orchestral excerpts: Mendelssohn Scherzo from A Midsummer Night's Dream (measures 1-48); Beethoven Symphony No. 6, 1st movement (measures 474-492) & 2nd movement (measures 68-78)
Applicants will also be expected to demonstrate sight-reading ability with material chosen by the instructor.
No accompanist is needed or desired for the audition.
Auditions will be held on January 20 and 22, 2023.