Online Preliminary Submission by December 1, 2022 by 11:59 PM (EST)
Multiple uploaded files of your preliminary requirements are acceptable. If you have not heard from us by January 6, 2023, please email us.
Required Preliminary Repertoire is by Video Submission
- Long Roll: Play a continuous buzz roll beginning at pp and crescendo to ff over a period of 30 seconds
- Delecluse: Étude No. 1 from "12 Études for Snare Drum" (beg. - downbeat of m. 36)
- Rimsky-Korsakov, Scheherazade, Mvt. III (Reh. D - E and after 5 after F for 4 measures)
- Play any 4 mallet movement from a Suite or Sonata by Bach for violin, cello, or lute (no repeats)
- Long Roll: play a continuous roll on the 29" drum tuned to an "A" over a period of 30 seconds. Begin at pp and crescendo to ff.
- Beethoven: Symphony No. 9, Mvt. I (18 before S - End)
- Tchaikovsky: Symphony No. 4, Mvt. 1 (2 before T - 3 before U)
Required audition repertoire
- One concert snare drum solo (e.g. Delecluse)
- One rudimental snare drum solo (e.g. Tompkins, Rieppi)
Two Marimba Solos: (One should be four-mallets and the other should be two-mallets)
- One contemporary solo
- One movement from any Suite or Sonata by Bach (e.g. violin, cello, lute)
One Timpani Solo: (e.g. Carter, Hochrainer, Delecluse)
- Four snare drum
- Four timpani
- Four xylophone
- Two glockenspiel
- One cymbals
- One tambourine
Live auditions will be held January 25, 26, 27, February 12 or 13, 2023.