Online Preliminary Submission by December 1, 2022 by 11:59 PM (EST)
Multiple uploaded files of your preliminary requirements are acceptable. If you have not heard from us by January 6, 2023, please email us.
Required preliminary repertoire is by video submission
Please include the following:
- Two contrasting movements from the Bach Partita in A Minor, BWV 1013 or from a Bach sonata (accompanied)
- Two movements from a Mozart concerto (accompanied)
- Two contrasting selections of applicant's choice (accompanied, where applicable)
- Five orchestral excerpts
Required live audition repertoire
- Bach: a sonata chosen from among the following: B Minor, A Major, E Minor, E Major, or the Partita in A Minor, BWV 1013
- Mozart: Concerto in G Major, KV 313, complete with cadenzas
- A major twentieth century sonata or single movement work with contrasting sections for flute and piano
- A contrasting selection of the applicant's choice
- Five contrasting orchestral excerpts
The complete program must be performed with piano with the exception of the unaccompanied works in your program. The Shepherd School will provide a pianist and limited rehearsal time if requested. If the Shepherd School is to provide the pianist, all piano parts must be made available three weeks before the scheduled audition date. The applicant must be prepared to perform all chosen works in their entirety. However, the audition committee may decide to hear only certain portions.
Live auditions will be held on January 30, 2023.